Great news! AmaWaterways ships will be back in the water starting in September! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a AmaWaterways Cruise?
With Covid-related protocols and country entry regulations continuing to evolve, it often creates additional barriers related to unvaccinated travelers that impact our guests’ experience. With that in mind, AmaWaterways will only be welcoming guests fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on board our ships, effective immediately.
What COVID-19 Vaccine is accepted?
Guests must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 within at least 14 days prior to departure for Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca or within 28 days prior for Johnson & Johnson. In addition, we strongly recommend all guests take a PCR test within 72 hours prior to departure and bring documentation of a negative result with them on their sailing, as a precautionary measure.
What proof of Vaccine do I need to provide?
It is critical that you complete the Online Cruise Check-In, informing us of pre- and post-cruise travel plans, flight details and current email address within 30 days prior to departure. In addition, it is extremely important to complete the Health & Contact Screening Questionnaire and upload a copy of the vaccination card no later than 7 days prior to the beginning of their AmaWaterways purchased services.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Crew will be required to wear face coverings during working hours and continue to respect social distancing in their living quarters.
Masks may be required to be worn in terminals and during embarkation and disembarkation. While guests will be vaccinated, cruise lines will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore.
Things to know:
- All guests should carefully review pre-booking and pre-travel health advice on our website and the website of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Can I get off the ship at port?
According to the CDC's Conditional Sailing Order cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that — if they are fully vaccinated — they may engage in self-guided or independent exploration during port stops, if they wear a mask while indoors. The cruise ship operator is additionally advised that foreign jurisdictions may have their own requirements.
Shore excursions will be conducted in small groups.
Things to know:
- Quietvox system allows you to hear your guide during excursions while permitting comfortable social distancing
- A brand-new set of headphones that plugs into the Quietvox will be provided to you at the beginning of your sailing; you may also bring and use your own personal set of plug-in headphones.
- Guests must use hand sanitizers when getting on and off our coaches that are thoroughly cleaned each morning.
- In the event that ships are docked side by side, guests will be required to pass over Sun Decks.
Health & Safety on the Ship
Ships and terminals will undergo a thorough sanitization between sailings and guests will be encouraged to use the hand-washing sinks and hand sanitizer dispensers at venue entrances and in high-traffic areas throughout the ship. Guests will also be asked to follow health information about the ways to stay healthy on board and when ashore.
The crew will serve you at your table and will be happy to offer you a similar choice of menu items formerly available at our buffets.
Things to know:
- Prior to boarding, an online health and contact screening questionnaire will be required.
- At embarkation, guests’ temperatures will be taken with no-contact infrared thermometers. If, for any reason, further testing is required, shoreside medical treatment centers are within close proximity.
- We will have ample hand sanitizers available throughout the ship and their frequent use is required by all guests and crew.
- Our crew has implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures throughout the ship.
- Special attention will be paid to areas like staircases, public washrooms, armrests in the lounge and guardrails.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants for continual surface cleaning in public areas.
- Additional deep cleaning will take place throughout the entire ship between each sailing.
- Your designated stateroom steward will clean your stateroom twice daily.
- Bicycles, fitness mats and equipment will be thoroughly sanitized after each use. Use of the Fitness Room is by appointment with cleaning time between use.
- We use state-of-the-art fan coil air conditioning units; there is no recirculating of air on board our ships.
- Each stateroom has its own sophisticated heating/cooling system – a fan coil unit located in the ceiling inside the stateroom above the entry area.
- The main public areas – lounge and restaurants – have their own high-quality air-fog system to continuously ensure clean air.
- On our European ships, there are no air conditioning systems blowing cold air that would circulate throughout the entire ship as you would find in standard air conditioning units.
- Throughout Europe and Asia, we provide a variety of onboard wellness activities led by professionally trained Wellness Hosts. Whenever weather permits, these small-group classes will be held on our spacious open-air Sun Decks.
Satisfy your wanderlust by booking early with American Forces Travel to lock in the cruise of your dreams at the absolute lowest price.