Great news! Cunard Cruises is beginning to sail! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a Cunard Cruise?
- Departures from July 19 until October 1, 2021 (2021 Summer at Sea voyages for UK guests) will be for UK resident COVID-19 vaccinated guests only. For these cruises the definition of “vaccinated” is a minimum of seven days following the second dose of the currently approved COVID-19 vaccines being administered.
- Departures from October 13 until December 31, 2021. All guests 18 years old and over will be required to have completed their vaccination course a minimum of 14 days prior to sailing. All guests 17 years old and below will need to have completed their vaccination course a minimum 14 days prior to sailing or will require a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to travel. All guests will also require a negative Covid-19 test at the terminal. A PCR and Covid-19 test at the terminal will be provided.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Things to know:
- Proof of vaccination and the dates given will be required (approved forms of evidence will be confirmed closer to time of departure) and this will be required to be shown at the terminal prior to boarding.
- Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding at your own expense.
- Guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the COVID-19 vaccination policy.
- All guests will be asked to complete a health declaration questionnaire 72 hours before sailing and online check in will be mandatory.
- We are following all of the latest guidance to evolve our enhanced protocols to protect the health and well-being of guests, crew and the communities we visit once we begin sailing again.
- Unfortunately, when we return we will be unable to accept guests who have the following medical requirements:
- Supplementary oxygen (including via oxygen concentrator)
- Mechanical ventilator support (except for overnight CPAP for sleep apnea Dialysis
- Within the 14 days prior to the cruise:
- Have been unwell with confirmed or suspected COVID-19
- Have been in close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19
- Have been advised to self-isolate under a government Test and Trace system
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Everyone on board will need to adhere to the most up-to-date guidance regarding the use of face-coverings and social distancing, which will be in place in all public areas.
Things to know:
- We’ll continue to offer a comprehensive program of music, theater and guest speakers on each of our voyages, with measures in place to adhere to the latest wellbeing and social distancing guidance.
- Communal spaces will be operating but will be subject to the latest approved guidance to minimize contact, reduce the number of guests in each area, and maintain the highest levels of cleanliness.
- Social distancing measures will be in place in all public areas. Pre-booking may come into effect for certain activities on our ships.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Guests can still go ashore to explore the rich variety of ports we visit, and can be reassured that their well-being is protected. Port transfer and organized shore experience operators will be subject to new policies and procedures to reflect the latest approved guidance in line with our onboard protocols and will comply with all local guidance relating to social distancing and face coverings, which may differ from the guidance in your home country.
Things to know
- Port transfer and organized shore experience operators will be subject to new policies and procedures to reflect the latest approved guidance in line with our onboard protocols.
- Unfortunately some of our existing experiences may have to be put on hold at this time if they cannot be run in a COVID-safe environment, but we’re introducing a new range of options
- Temperature checks and health screening may be carried out again when returning to the ship.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Health & Safety on the Ship
Cunard has enhanced onboard ventilation systems to provide improved filtration and increased fresh air on board.The Cunard dining experience will be a little different and you may be asked to pre-reserve a table at our restaurants, only dine with your traveling group or household and buffets will be served by our waiting staff.
Things to know:
- Every area of the ship will be rigorously and regularly cleaned and disinfected We’ll provide additional hand-sanitizing stations
- Added hand sanitizer and hand-washing stations will also be available for your comfort and wellbeing.
- Public areas are sanitized several times a day with new disinfection methods including virus-killing nebulizers
Satisfy your wanderlust by booking early with American Forces Travel to lock in the cruise of your dreams at the absolute lowest price.