Great news! Disney Cruise ships are back in the water ! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Need to know Information
Guests to complete all steps leading up to sailing aboard the ship. These include:
- COVID-19 Vaccination (New Requirements)
- Download the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app
- Create account with Safe Passage Website: Every Guest 18 years of age and older must individually create an account
- Upload Pre-Trip COVID-19 documents
- Order a testing kit
- Complete Online Check-In. Be sure to select a Port Arrival time.
- Online Check-In
Safe Passage by Inspire Diagnostics Website
In order to sail, every Guest must individually create an account associated with their reservation(s) on the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics, and upload their proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result. Inspire Diagnostics is Disney Cruise Line’s third-party partner for COVID-19 testing and vaccination verification. A parent or legal guardian will need to use their own account to provide this information on behalf of minors. An account cannot be created sooner than 15 days prior to sailing.
Disney Health & Safety FAQs
Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing
Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (paid for at the Guests’ expense) taken between 3 days and 24 hours prior to the sail date. The test should be a rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted.
The following three (3) options for pre-cruise PCR COVID-19 testing can be provided:
Option 1: Guests may use the Safe Passage website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at a testing site in Central Florida, performed and mailed back within 3 days before their sail date.
- The cost is US $98.33 per test (which includes a 3.5% processing fee).
- Testing locations will be set up at the Orlando International Airport and at the Radisson Resort in Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- Results take 24-48 hours to process and will be sent to the email address provided during the registration on the Safe Passage website.
Option 2: Guests residing in the United States may purchase a pre-trip, at-home PCR test directly from the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics.
- The cost is US $98.33 per test (which includes a 3.5% processing fee).
- Guests must drop the envelope at an official UPS drop box or at a UPS store location, not a “UPS Access Point” located at retail outlets, pharmacy, grocery store or gas station.
- Results will be available 24 to 48 hours from the time the sample is received by Inspire Diagnostics and will be sent to the email address provided during registration on the Safe Passage website.
- Guests who completed an at-home test kit, but did not mail it to Inspire via UPS, can drop off their completed test sample at one of our onsite testing locations in Central Florida located at the Orlando International Airport and at the Radisson Resort in Cape Canaveral.
Option 3: Guests may obtain their PCR test from any independent testing provider.
- Guests should choose a provider with the fastest processing time, as the window for testing and submitting test results is between 3 days and 24 hours prior to their sailing.
- If the Guests is submitting their test sample to an independent provider by mail, overnight mail is recommended.
90-Day-Recovered and positive test results: In some cases, people who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may still test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. If Guests have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 within 11-90 days of their sail date, they may qualify to be considered as “90-Day-Recovered.” With the appropriate documentation and subsequent approval, Guests considered “90-Day-Recovered” are not required to participate in COVID-19 testing during the Pre-Sail, Embarkation or Disembarkation phases of their voyage.
Embarkation COVID-19 Testing
Guests are required to undergo a rapid PCR COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to boarding. A $65 test fee will be charged to the folio of all Guests 12 years and older.
- The pre-embarkation COVID-19 test at the port is a self-swab test and parents will need to assist children that are unable perform it on their own.
- Professionals will be on hand to help guide you through the process. Test results typically take approximately one hour to receive but could take longer.
- We recommend that Guests plan accordingly and consider bringing any snacks, water or activities that may be needed while waiting.
- Guests will receive an email when their results are available and must log in to the Safe Passage website to determine whether their party is clear to embark.
Disney Cruise Line continues to require all vaccine-eligible Guests (based on U.S. eligibility requirements) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This will be a requirement for all Guests (U.S. and international) ages 5 and older for sailings beginning on and after January 13, 2022. Approved vaccines include those produced by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson. Please note, in accordance with CDC guidelines:
- Guests who have received both doses of Moderna, Pfizer or AstraZeneca are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second dose has been administered.
- Guests who have received Johnson & Johnson are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving one dose.
- Guests with both one dose of Moderna and one dose of Pfizer are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second dose.
- Guests who have received one single dose of a vector vaccine (e.g. AstraZeneca) and one single dose of a mRNA vaccine (e.g. Pfizer, Moderna) are not considered fully vaccinated.
You must complete Online Check-in beginning 30 days prior to your sailing. All Guests, including our Platinum Castaway Club Guests, will need to select a Port Arrival Time.
- It’s important you arrive at the terminal on time.
- Guests arriving prior to their selected arrival time will be asked to return at the appropriate time; and Guests arriving after their scheduled time may be delayed and asked to wait behind those arriving at their scheduled time.
- Online Check-in can be completed or modified up to one day prior to sailing. After completing Online Check-in, you will receive a Port Arrival Form by email. Bring this with you to the port to expedite your arrival.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Sailings that embark through March 10, all Guests (ages 2 and up, including those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19) are required to wear face coverings indoors. Exceptions include when Guests are in their staterooms or actively eating or drinking (while stationary and maintaining an appropriate physical distance). Face coverings are not required for Guests outdoors while on board the ship and at designated locations.
For sailings originating from a U.S. port of departure beginning March 11, 2022, face coverings will be optional in most indoor locations throughout our ships. Guests ages 2 and up, including those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, will still be required to wear face coverings in the Walt Disney Theatre. Guests under 5 years of age who are currently ineligible to be vaccinated will be required to wear face coverings in Youth Activity spaces and in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique; and, while not required, we continue to strongly recommend these guests wear a face covering in all other indoor locations.
Face coverings may be required in ports of call based on local government requirements.
All face coverings should:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free.
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face.
- Be secured with ties or ear loops.
- Be made of 2 layers of breathable material, either disposable or reusable, that is not elastic in nature, such as spandex and elastane.
Guests may bring face coverings that have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer’s mouth. These face coverings must:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
- Be a fabric face covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
- Meet all face covering requirements listed above
At this time based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings. Costume masks are not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn.
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.
Can I get off the ship at port?
It is more than likely that you will need a booked shore excursion to get off the ship once you arrive at port.
According to the CDC's Conditional Sailing Order cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that — if they are fully vaccinated — they may engage in self-guided or independent exploration during port stops, if they wear a mask while indoors. The cruise ship operator is additionally advised that foreign jurisdictions may have their own requirements.
- Fully vaccinated Guests who wish to disembark the ship while in a port of call can do so on their own.
- Guests who are vaccinated and wish to disembark the ship with unvaccinated children, in any port of call other than Disney Castaway Cay, will need to purchase a Disney Cruise Line Port Adventure for their party.
- Guests must follow the health protocols for every port we visit
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Satisfy your wanderlust by booking early with American Forces Travel to lock in the cruise of your dreams at the absolute lowest price.