Great news! Princess Cruises has resumed cruising! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Quick checklist of what you need prior to boarding your cruise. More details can be found below:
- Negative viral COVID-19 test taken within 2 days of departure
- Complete online health questionnaire 72 hours prior to sailing
- Vaccine card if vaccinated, Exception approval if not vaccinated and Travel Insurance Requirement for unvaccinated guests on Florida & Texas based ships
- Masks are now required for all guests regardless of vaccine status
- Shore excursion requirements
Checklist Terms & Conditions
1. Negative viral COVID-19 test taken within 2 or 3 days of departure
All Guests prior to boarding produce a negative, medically-observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of their embarkation on all Princess sailings.
- ALL fully vaccinated guests to produce a negative, medically-observed COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within two (2) days of their embarkation on all Princess sailings.
- Guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival in the terminal to board.
- Please note that testing in the terminal will not be available for vaccinated guests, so it’s critical that you have your negative test results with you upon your arrival. We will not be able to accommodate guests without proof of a negative test.
Unvaccinated Guests: Guests who received a vaccination exemption are still required to take a negative PCR test within 2 days of embarkation and will be tested again in the terminal prior to boarding the ship and again within 24 hours of disembarkation (for itineraries five days or longer).
- Unvaccinated guests will continue to be charged $150 per person for testing and administration.
- Internationally Traveling Guests should always ensure they understand all entry and airlines requirements to travel from their home country and the destinations they plan to visit, including where health authorities may require pre-travel COVID-19 testing. Details continue to be updated regularly; official websites and apps developed by government agencies and tourism ministries are the recommended resources.
NEW: At-home antigen test kit available for U.S. vaccinated guests
Great news!! Princess has partnered with Optum so that U.S.-based vaccinated guests can order an FDA-authorized at-home antigen test kit, shipped to their door in 3 business days or less.
- The at-home tests include a personal virtually video-supervised visit with an eMed Certified Guide through telehealth services.
- These guides will help you properly administer the test and verify the results, within 15 minutes.
- The lab result report is delivered via email and can be printed or displayed on a mobile device during check-in.
- Please place your order with enough time to be shipped prior to your boarding.
- Cost for a set of two tests is $69.99, subject to change.
- Order Test Kit Online
If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs to administer a COVID-19 test. COVID-19 tests will be administered just outside the terminal, near bus parking. Antigen test results will be available in approximately 30 minutes and PCR test results will be available in approximately 60 minutes; please plan your post-cruise travel arrangements accordingly. It is a guests responsibility to know their home country’s health authority and visit travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.
These new requirements are being implemented to protect our guests and crew while onboard. We expect these requirements will be temporary and we appreciate your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you aboard.
2. Complete online health questionnaire 72 hours prior to sailing
- All guests will be asked to complete an online health questionnaire 72 hours prior to sailing and undergo enhanced pre-embarkation health screenings, which will include confirmation of their health screening responses, validation of their vaccination documents and any required COVID-19 testing.
3. Vaccine information & what to expect if you are unvaccinated.
Vaccinated cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding. Currently, children under the age of 12 are not eligible to receive a vaccination for COVID-19 and will not be able to sail.
* It's important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued.
Which COVID-19 vaccines will be accepted?
Acceptable vaccines are those that are approved, or have an emergency use authorization or listing from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Pfizer: 2 Doses
- Moderna: 2 Doses
- Johnson & Johnson: 1 Dose
- AstraZeneca: 2 Doses
- Sinopharm: 2 doses
- Sinovac: 2 Doses
- US ONLY: Novavax clinical trial participants who can confirm that they received the full 2-dose series of the active COVID-19 vaccine.
- EUROPE ONLY: COVID-19 immunity may be considered equivalent to "Fully Vaccinated" if guest received 1 dose of one these vaccines (Comirnaty (Pfizer), Spikevax (Moderna) or Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca)) 14 days or more ago after a previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, with a Digital COVID Certificate of Vaccination.
Can I have mixed vaccines?
Guests will be considered fully vaccinated who have received their final dose of an authorized/approved COVID-19 vaccine, or any combination of two doses of an authorized/approved vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise. Acceptable vaccines are those that have been approved/authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or have emergency-use listing by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- MIXED DOSES: Pfizer (1 Dose) + Moderna (1 Dose)
- MIXED DOSES: AstraZeneca (1 Dose) + Pfizer (1 Dose) OR Moderna (1 Dose)
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine booster to be considered fully vaccinated?
COVID-19 vaccine boosters are strongly recommended for specific at-risk groups by the FDA and US CDC. However, at this time, booster doses are not required to embark. Guests who have received the full series of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of authorized vaccines and have received the last dose at least 14 days prior to the day of embarkation are considered fully vaccinated.
How will you check that I am fully vaccinated?
It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with our current Princess vaccination policy.
- Prior to the cruise departure, using the MedallionClass app, guests will be required to attest that they will be fully vaccinated at time of embarkation. This means completing all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation.
- Guests should be ready to show original proof of vaccination at cruise check-in.
- The original proof of vaccination should clearly show the guest’s name on the vaccination card matching their photo ID, the dates of vaccine doses (final dose must have been received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise), and the name of facility administering the vaccination.
- Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the submitted proof of vaccination.
- Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. Information provided will be subject to our privacy notice on princess.com, and shared only as needed with Princess personnel, third parties or local health authorities as part of screening and embarkation-related health protocols.
Princess has not announced a vaccine or testing policy for other ships that might return to service in the coming months.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
4. Do I need to wear a mask?
We strongly encourage guests to wear face masks when in public spaces indoors. To protect our guests and crew while on board, new requirements are being implemented. ALL guests will be required to wear a face mask – with no exceptions – in the following areas/situations:
- Designated indoor entertainment areas
- Retail shops
- The casino, except when eating or drinking
- Prior to being seated in our main dining rooms and in the buffet area
- Occasionally in other designated areas where larger number of guests may congregate
- During embarkation and disembarkation in the terminal
- During the disembarkation process on board
We always recommend guests wash or replace their mask daily and choose a good quality, ideally medical grade, standard mask. Please note that visors and face shields will not be accepted as substitutes for a face mask.
Note: Unvaccinated guests will be required to wear a face mask at all times while indoors, in accordance with health authority requirements.
5. Shoreside Experiences: Can I get off the ship at port?
It is more than likely that you will need a booked shore excursion to get off the ship once you arrive at port.
According to the CDC's Conditional Sailing Order cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that — if they are fully vaccinated — they may engage in self-guided or independent exploration during port stops, if they wear a mask while indoors. The cruise ship operator is additionally advised that foreign jurisdictions may have their own requirements.
Things to know:
- Cruise lines are working with local authorities, destinations and tour operators so that the enhanced health and safety measures on board are maintained ashore
- Guests must follow the health protocols for every port we visit
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Health & Safety on the Ship
Majestic Princess offering TrulyTouchless™ experiences with more ways to support physical distancing and personalization that simplifies the guest experience and delivers next-level service supporting new health protocols.
The cruise line’s award-winning OceanMedallion wearable device replaces the traditional cruise card and pairs with embedded IoT (“Internet of things”) -driven innovative technology to significantly expand touch-free options and personalization on board Majestic Princess, including:
- Touchless embarkation and disembarkation
- Keyless stateroom entry
- Completely contactless commerce
- Simplified safety training
- On-demand food, beverages and retail items delivered anywhere on board
- Guest service requests via mobile device chat
- Location-based gaming and wageringPrincess Cruises…
- Entertainment content via smart devices
Satisfy your wanderlust by booking early with American Forces Travel to lock in the cruise of your dreams at the absolute lowest price.